The International Day of Families is a day to honor the unconditional love shared by families and the importance of having close family ties.
It’s easy to think that our families don’t matter when we get so wrapped up in our own lives. But families are very important. They’re more than just nuclear units – they’re also where cultural traditions are passed down from one generation to another. And they’re an integral part of how we understand ourselves as individuals.
What is the International Day of Families?
International Day of Families is an international day held on May 15th every year. It is a day to recognize the unconditional love shared by families and the importance of having close family ties. The UN adopted the International Day of Families on September 20th, 1993.
The History of International Day of Families
The United Nations General Assembly established the International Day of Families. It’s a day to recognize family relationships and their importance. May 15th was chosen because it commemorates the adoption of the Universal Declaration of Human Rights in 1948. The Declaration states, “The family is the natural and fundamental group unit of society.”
When is International Day of Families?
The International Day of Families has celebrated annually on Sunday, May 15th.
How is International Day of Families Celebrated?
Celebrate the International Day of Families with your family with the following tips;
- Eat like a family: For the next week, make sure to have dinner together as much as possible.
- Make handmade gifts for each other: It’s always nice to give something you’ve made yourself, and it doesn’t have to be complicated or expensive.
- Play games together: What does your family like to do when they get together? Playing games is an excellent way to spend quality time together and teach young ones about sportsmanship and winning/losing gracefully.
- Read books aloud together: Reading aloud is such a simple thing, but it’s so important for children! Read them stories from their favorite book series or reading them a book you loved as a child-both are great ways for families to bond over reading!
- Get in touch with your roots: This year’s theme is “Family Stories.” Ask your parents about it.
Why We Love International Day of Families
International Day of Families is a day of celebration and a time to be with your family. It is a time to come together and appreciate the closest people to us.
International Day of Families is an opportunity for us to reflect on the importance of our families and all that they mean to us. It is a time not just to celebrate our families but also to reflect on how we can all be better parents, better sisters and brothers, and better family members.
International Day of Families is an opportunity for us to share what we love most about our families and how we can make them stronger.
International Day of Families is a day that has been set aside to remember the importance of families and help those who have lost their families feel less alone and enjoy this day with others who have had similar experiences.