International Lefthanders Day is meant to raise awareness of lefthandedness and to promote equality for lefthanders. This is a special day because it celebrates the many talents and abilities that lefthanders have. Lefthanders are often overlooked and forgotten, with for instance tools and equipment that are designed for right-handed people often not being adaptable or usable by lefthanders. International Lefthanders Day is also an opportunity to bring attention to the needs of lefthanders and promote understanding and acceptance of this unique group of people.
What is International Lefthanders Day?
International Lefthanders Day is an international celebration of people who are left handed. The day is in honor of all lefthanded people and all people who have a special connection to lefties.
It’s important to note that there are many different types of people who are left handed, and all of them are valid.
This day is not only for people born lefthanded but also for people born and grew up with lefties in their family, friends, and communities.
The History of International Lefthanders Day
International Lefthanders Day traces its history back to the ’70s. In 1976, a librarian in Wisconsin, Dean R. Campbell, decided to observe the day and created a lefthander appreciation society. Society continues to this day and is known as the Lefthanders Unite Organization.
Since then, lefthanders in other countries have adopted the day and celebrated it.
When is International Lefthanders Day?
International Lefthanders Day falls on Saturday, 13 August each year. It is also known as Left-Hander’s Day. On this day, lefthanders worldwide get to celebrate their differences and get support from each other.
How is International Lefthanders Day Celebrated?
In the US, many lefthander organizations organize events for the community. The most famous of these is the Lefty of the Year contest. In this contest, people vote for the person they think is the best representative of the lefthander community.
The celebration of International Lefthanders Day is similar to that of any other holiday. There are two parts to it. First, lefthanders get together to celebrate their common interests. Second, they exchange gifts, cards, and tokens of love and support.
Beyond the celebrations, many lefthanders take part in service projects to use the day as an opportunity to help others or make their community better. Some people give free art lessons, and others volunteer their time in service projects to make the community a better place.
5 Ways To Celebrate International Lefthanders Day
- Celebrate International Lefthanders Day by doing something special for a left-handed friend or loved one!
- If you are a leftie yourself, make sure to tell your friends and family about International Lefthanders Day!
- Join a lefthanders-only social media group or blog and connect with other lefties around the world.
- Attend a lefthanders-focused event or rally!
- Create a lefthanders-themed project or art piece and share it with your friends online or in person!
Why We Love International Lefthanders Day
There are many reasons why we love International Lefthanders Day.
Studies claim that lefthanded people are more creative, artistic, empathetic, and international Lefthanders Day is a day to celebrate the uniqueness of lefties. They are different from everyone else, which makes them unique. They can see things differently than everyone else, which can make them unique and thoughtful.
Top 5 Things We Love About International Lefthanders Day
- The uniqueness of lefthanders: Everyone is different, and that’s what makes lefthanders so special!
- The creative and artistic side of lefthanders: Lefthanders are often more creative and artistic than other people.
- The empathy and compassion of lefthanders: Lefties are often very compassionate and understanding.
- The support for lefties: International Lefthanders Day is a way to show support for lefties and make them more visible in society.
- The celebration of lefthandedness: International Lefthanders Day is a day to celebrate the uniqueness of lefties, their creativity, artistry, empathy, compassion, and support for one another.
This day is an excellent opportunity for lefties to come together and celebrate their differences. After all, they make up a massive part of everyone’s lives. Whether you are a lefty or a righty, you will always be different from everyone else. You can celebrate that on International Lefthanders Day!