Coloring books are not only for kids but for adults too. It has become a popular hobby that will relax the mind and calm the nerves. The activity is said to be therapeutic for people with anxiety. Children can use this as a medium to be expressive and creative. Paying tribute to the enjoyable and loved activity a holiday is dedicated to it. The name of the event is known as National Coloring Book Day. It is the best time for everyone to grab their crayons and colored pencils to make the world colorful.
What is National Coloring Book Day?
National Coloring Book Day is a time when one can renew their mind by reliving their childhood. As a kid, coloring books are a staple in life both in school and in leisure. It is the medium used to familiarize with color and develop creativity. At times it is also a means of discipline. Because during coloring, there are a set of rules. Don’t go over the line and specific color instructions. The complexity of the object to be colored may vary, but the basics apply to adults and children. This occasion made grown-ups find an opportunity to be more carefree.
The History of National Coloring Book Day
In May 2015, the observance of National Coloring Book Day came to being. The declaration came from Dover Publications. It is a company that makes coloring books for adults and kids. They have been in the business since the 1940s. They introduced the first adult coloring book in the 1970s. Since then, people of all ages consider this pastime a source of joy.
When is National Coloring Book Day?
The date chosen for National Coloring Book Day was August 9th of every calendar year. During this time, everyone is encouraged to grab their favorite coloring medium. It is time to start getting creative and allow your imagination to run wild.
How is National Coloring Book Day Celebrated?
Celebrating National Coloring Book Day is best with family and friends. You can all purchase a coloring book. Spend time together working on it. You can also spread awareness by giving away coloring books and materials to orphanages or nursing homes. If you want to upgrade your collection, it is a time to get yourself a new source of inspiration. If you have finished pieces, why not show them off? Someone in school or the workplace would appreciate it. They might join your passion for coloring books.
5 Ways To Celebrate National Coloring Book Day
- Make a coloring book and give it to a friend or family member.
- Go to a local bookstore and buy a coloring book for adults and children.
- Join a coloring book club and share your coloring books with other members.
- Download coloring books onto your computer or smartphone and enjoy them at home.
- Draw, write, or color in your favorite coloring books all day long!
Why We Love National Coloring Book Day
National Coloring Book Day is loved because it allows adults to reminisce about childhood. While for kids, it is an opportunity to allow extra time for their favorite hobby. This calming activity brings a sense of positivity and fulfillment whenever a piece is completed. It is a mood enhancer that everyone should get to enjoy.
Top 5 Things We Love About National Coloring Book Day
- We love that National Coloring Book Day celebrates the creativity and imagination of children!
- We love that National Coloring Book Day encourages families to get together and color together!
- We love that National Coloring Book Day helps children develop their creative skills!
- We love that National Coloring Book Day gives kids a chance to relax and have fun!
- We love that National Coloring Book Day is a great way to connect with friends and family!
National Coloring Book Day is a wonderful concept that supports creativity and mental health. It is a testimony that no one is too old to indulge in the simple joys of life like coloring books. Because when it comes to expressing yourself with art, the possibilities are limitless.