National Girl Friends Day is observed annually on August 1st. This day celebrates friendship among girls and women and show appreciation for the relationships and special bond they have with female friends, family members (sisters, mothers, grandmothers and daughters), colleagues, teachers, coaches, neighbors, etc.
What is National Girlfriends Day?
National Girlfriends Day is observed annually on August 1st in the United States to celebrate friendship among girls and women.
History of National Girlfriends Day
The earliest formal announcement of a national day honoring girlfriends came from Kathleen Laing and Elizabeth Buttersfield in 2002. Their book, “Girlfriends Getaway,” celebrated the importance of female friendships.
However, the first National Girlfriends Day celebrated on August 1st is Mistress Susan who began celebrating in 2003.
When is National Girlfriends Day?
National Girlfriends Day is observed annually on August 1st in the United States.
How is National Girlfriends Day Celebrated?
National Girlfriends Day is celebrated in a variety of ways, including taking time for yourself with your awesome girlfriends, enjoying a day out with your girlfriends, and honoring your bonds of friendship by doing something special.
Many different organizations and businesses also celebrate National Girlfriends Day by providing special deals, freebies and events.
Some also celebrate their romantic relationship.
5 Ways To Celebrate National Girlfriends Day
- Celebrate with your closest girlfriends by spending time together, doing something you love, or going out for a meal.
- Write thank-you notes to your girlfriends for their support and friendship over the years.
- Send flowers, friendship bracelets or chocolates as a special way to say thank you.
- Make a delicious meal together and enjoy relaxing conversation while enjoying each other’s company.
- Plan a day trip or weekend getaway with your fellow girlfriends – there’s never a bad time to spend quality time together!
Why We Love National Girlfriends Day
National Girlfriends Day is a day to celebrate our amazing female friendships. Whether it’s catching up on gossip, celebrating each other’s accomplishments, or just spending quality time together, girlfriends are the best!
Top 5 Things We Love About National Girlfriends Day
- We love that National Girlfriends Day celebrates our amazing female friendships and the incredibly valuable relationships we have with each other.
- We love that National Girlfriends Day is a day to celebrate our uniqueness as women and the countless ways we differ from one another.
- We love that National Girlfriends Day gives us an opportunity to show our gratitude for the incredible support and friendship our girlfriends provide us year-round.
- We love that National Girlfriends Day is a day to celebrate our strength as girlfriends and the teamwork we often bring to bear in supporting one another.
- Most of all, we love that National Girlfriends Day is a day to just be happy – surrounded by the people we love most!
Whether you’re celebrating National Girlfriends Day with a day of girl talk, some laughs, or just spending time together doing something special, be sure to enjoy every minute!
How will you celebrate National Girlfriends Day?