Season 4 Week 2: Consume Hop Rocks, Dance in front of different film cameras, and Search between a Scarecrow, Pink Hotrod, and a Big Screen
Fortnite Battle Royale Season 4 week 2 is here already, bringing with it the Avengers: Infinity War x Fortnite crossover event and try not to lose your mind! Of course, as well as all that excitement there are also new Fortnite Season 4 Battle Pass Challenges to tackle, giving Battle Pass holders the chance to earn extra Battle Stars and rewards. Challenges from last week remain active, so if you’re still looking to search F-O-R-T-N-I-T-E Letters or follow the treasure map found in Tomato Town then our Week 1 Challenges section has you covered.
Most of the challenges are pretty self explanatory, but a few require further information to figure out what you have to do. That’s where this guide comes in – we’ve cracked the trickier challenges and done the leg work to solve them so you don’t have you. For Season 4 Week 2 this involves consuming seven Hop Rocks, dancing in front of seven different film cameras, and searching between a Scarecrow, Pink Hotrod, and a Big Screen. Read on, and you’ll be racking up those bonus Battle Stars in no time.
Season 4 Week 2 Challenges
Consume Hop Rocks
One of the new items added to Fortnite in Season 4, Hop Rocks are found in and around craters, and once consumed give you a temporary boost to jump higher and further while eliminating fall damage. You need to grab seven Hop Rocks in total, and while the obvious spot to find them is in Dusty Divot, you can also locate them in other craters including Risky Reels or the prison in Moisty Mire.
Dance in front of different film cameras
Everyone loves a dancing challenge, right? Get ready to bust out your favourite boogie emotes in front of the film cameras now dotted around the map. You need to get your groove on in front of seven different camera in total, and we’ve picked out ten possible locations to help you on your way:
- Between Fatal Fields and Retail Row – on broken bridge north of the prison
- Haunted Hills – inside the church
- Junk Junction – inside the building to the northeast
- Lonely Lodge – between the house and the race track to the south
- Moisty Mire – on the film set by the green screen with the helicopter
- Moisty Mire – on the film set by the rows of logs
- Risky Reels – inside the building to the north
- Shifty Shafts – in the basement of the grey house to the west
- Between Snobby Shores and Greasy Grove – by the building south of the hill
- Between Snobby Shore, Greasy Grove and Tilted Towers – inside the football stadium
Search between a Scarecrow, Pink Hotrod, and a Big Screen (HARD)
If you’ve been to the northeast region of the updated map, you’ll probably have a good idea where to find a Big Screen, as the new Risky Reels area there features a drive-in movie theatre. Just to the east of Risky Reels, on a patch of hill overlooking it, you’ll find the bonus Battle Stars appearing for collection. Just watch out – with the area also having Hop Rocks and a film camera it’s going to be very busy this week.
Season 4 Week 1 Challenges
Search F-O-R-T-N-I-T-E Letters
Here’s a new type of collectible search to kick off Season 4 – finding eight letters to spell out FORTNITE hidden across the map. There are actually more than eight locations where you can find these letters, and you don’t have to collect them during the same round or in a particular order as the game will always give you the next letter your require. These are 15 of the locations we found:
- Anarchy Acres – on top of the weathervane on the red barn
- Dusty Divot – on top of a pylon at the northeast corner of the crater
- Flush Factory – in the area northeast, on top of the new nightclub warehouse
- Greasy Grove – in the playground at the northwest corner
- Haunted Hills – on top of the grave with the bat headstone
- Lonely Lodge – on the roof of the new mansion to the south
- Moisty Mire – in the movie set on top of a tree trunk
- Pleasant Park – on top of the central dining area
- Retail Row – to the southeast in the triangle of trees
- Risky Reels – in the broken projection screen
- Salty Springs – on top of a lookout tower to the northeast
- Snobby Shores – outside the northmost house
- Tilted Towers – on top of the clock tower
- Tomato Town – on the crane in the container park to the southeast
- Wailing Woods – on top of the building inside the maze
Follow the treasure map found in Tomato Town (HARD)
Unsurprisingly, treasure hunts get an immediate return in Season 4 as well. If you want to see the map then smash the dumpster behind the Taco store in Tomato Town to reveal it on the wall, though as with previous challenges you don’t need to actually view this map to collect your reward.
If the solution doesn’t jump out at you, the X is pointing to the rowing boat found at the east side of Loot Lake. Hop on to the partially sunken vessel and your bonus Battle Stars will appear for you to collect. For the exact location, check out the images below: