You’ve heard them before, and you’ve probably made your own share. Dad jokes and puns are a staple of the awkward conversation, and a quick way to make someone laugh. Whether you’re looking for just a quick laugh, or are trying to get the attention of the person across the bar, you can’t go wrong with a dad joke.
Ever been on the receiving end of a dad joke? If so, you know what we’re talking about. If not, here’s a brief explanation: A dad joke, also known as a groaner, is a corny pun or lame joke, usually made by a father. Usually, the humor lies on the fact that the dad making the “joke” is unaware of how bad it is (if you can even call it a joke).
What Is a Dad Joke?
A dad joke is a joke that is told by a dad that is bad but the dad doesn’t know it.
What Should I Do If I’m At a Party and Someone Tells a Dad Joke?
Be really quiet and be sure not to laugh, because then they might notice you’re there.
What Everyone Should Know About Dad Jokes
Here’s what you need to know about dad jokes:
1) Dad jokes can be about anything. It doesn’t matter if it’s a pun on words or an inappropriate joke, as long as it makes the dad feel ike he’s being funny (even if he isn’t), then it’s fair game in the world of dad jokes.
2) Dad jokes are specific to the dad in question. Dad jokes are not made for a group of people or for the rest of the world, they’re made to make one person feel good. This is why you’ll never hear a dad joke on National Lampoon’s Christmas Vacation or The Hangover. “Why did the turkey cross the road” is an acceptable parody on all sorts of topics, but it doesn’t mean it fits into the realm of dad jokes.
3) Dad jokes are usually terrible puns. Dad jokes usually aren’t about a particular joke, and often they’re so bad that they don’t even make sense.
4) Dad jokes can be creepy.
It’s better if we just show you some of these dad jokes..
Examples of Dad Jokes
- “Why did the turkey not cross the road?” Answer: “He was a chicken at the time.”
- I’m always punny!
- The calendars days are numbered.
- Two guys walked into a bar. The third guy ducked.
- How do you make holy water? You boil the hell out of it.
- Singing in the shower is fun until you get soap in your mouth. Then it’s a soap opera.
- Dear Math, grow up and solve your own problems.
- What do you call it when a group of apes starts a company? Monkey business.
- I bought some shoes from a drug dealer. I don’t know what he laced them with, but I was tripping all day!
- Did you know the first French fries weren’t actually cooked in France? They were cooked in Greece.
- What’s the hardest part about living in a haunted house? Trying to convince your wife not to use the dishwasher at 3AM!
- What do you call a cow with no legs? Ground beef.
- If a child refuses to sleep during nap time, are they guilty of resisting a rest?
- You must obey gravity, it’s the law
- I said to my physician I hear a constant buzz but he said “It is just a bug going around”.
- If a pig loses its voice, is it disgruntled?
- “Why did the turkey cross the road?” Answer: Because he was hungry.
- What did the grape say when he got stepped on? Nothing, he just let out a whine.
The best dad joke ever told
This is the best dad joke ever told:
- What did the Baby Corn say to Mama Corn? “Where’s my Pop Corn?”
You can find more unicorn 🦄 jokes and puns here.
History of Dad Jokes
Dad jokes have been around for some time. In fact, they’re as old as… well they’ve been around for a while now and really they’re not going anywhere. If you want to get rid of dad jokes forever, forget about it.
Why are Dad Jokes so Bad?
It’s very hard to tell if dad jokes are actually bad, because they can’t possibly be anything good. They’re just terrible, and there’s something about the way that they’re told that makes most people think it’s funny. It’s like when you go to a family reunion and someone tells a joke about someone else at the party.
Let’s Wraps It Up
Dad jokes are the absolute worst. The jokes are terrible, and the puns are painful, but when dad jokes aren’t being tweeted they’re usually being recited over and over again at family gatherings.
Dad jokes are the sort of joke that everyone makes fun of but no one ever admits to enjoying.
Thats all you need to know about dad jokes and remember:
If you’re forced to listen to one of these dad jokes, just remember that it’s going to be over eventually. 🙂